My Workshop Materials
2019 June - A Queer Endeavor Institute (Boulder, C0)
- Classroom practices that promote gender-justice for all
- Law & policies to reduce gendered violence in schools
Materials from other organizations
I am often asked to recommend resources to support educators and families addressing topics related to gender and sexual diversity along with other equity and culture issues in their schools and communities. Here are some of my favorites (in alphabetical order). Including some en Français, en Español, and Arabic.
- Canadian Teachers' Federation (Canada)
- GLSEN The Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network (USA)
- Gay-Straight Alliance Network (California)
- Gender Creative Kids (Canada)
- Gender Spectrum (USA)
- A Queer Endeavor (Colorado)
- Second Step (USA)
- An evidence-based social-emotional learning curriculum that has demonstrated effectiveness in reducing bullying and harassment. One of the few programs that has been proven to reduce sexual harassment and homophobic bullying along with other forms of peer victimization.
- Teaching Tolerance (USA)
- Classroom Resources Searchable database on K-12 lessons, texts & films on a variety of diversity and equity topics.
- Welcoming Schools (USA)