WGS 340 Sexuality Studies
As part of my WGS 340 "Sexuality Studies" course that I taught at Cal Poly during the winter quarter of 2015, my students had the option of writing a final essay, building a website, or creating a video on a topic of their choosing related to the course. Please peruse the following resources as I think you will find them insightful and of interest!
[alphabetical by title]
- Are Celebrities Fans of Feminism? celebrity's vocal opinions of feminism & their impacts on the movement
- Asexual identity
- Capital Femenino: Know Your Worth is More Than Your Virginity
- [Designing] Sensitive Spaces: A look at gender-sensitive spaces through a design perspective
- Homophobia: Every Action Has A Reaction
- How We Can Stop Bullying of LGBTQ Youth
- Lights! Camera! ....Ladies?
- Queering Disney
- NUDE VS. NAKED: A website exploring erotica and pornography in mainstream media
- Sexual Assault & the University: A Critical Analysis
- Transitioning Through Transphobia
- “Trans*cendent Families” : connecting families, friends, and educators with resources to revolutionize support for trans* youth
Many essays from the course have been submitted for review for publication in Vol. 8 of Sprinkle: An undergraduate journal of feminist and queer studies which was published in May 2015. This journal was started and continues to be produced by former students and showcases many papers from previous courses. Please visit the journal site to view these high-quality essays.